Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Utah & Hawaii update

     The last time I blogged Petey was about to leave for Hawaii! Now he's been in Hawaii for almost two months (I suck at blogging...I don't think anyone even reads this thing.) Being separated for those 22 days was pretty hard! Luckily I was able to stay with my parents and spend some quality time with my little bro before he left on his mission! I hope to live close to my parents again someday, I miss them! I will try not to make this post forever long as I try to update!

Petey left for Hawaii on May 8th. I cried a lot that day!

     While I was home I spent a lot of time with my family, which was much needed. Tanner and I took my parents to lunch quite a bit, watched movies, played some mean games of badminton, and laughed a lot! I'm grateful that I was able to spend so much time with him before he left on his mission! While I was home we also threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law Jennie. My mom was stressing BIG TIME over the baby shower, but everything turned out great! Tanner's missionary farewell was on May 26. He blew all of us away with the power of his talk!! He did amazing! It was so nice to have so many family members and friends come and support him! Tanner entered the MTC on May 28. It was such a bittersweet day! I was sad that Petey couldn't be there, and sending a missionary off is always hard! My parents, Ty, Jen, and I were all at the MTC sending Tanner away with love. We were all sad afterwards so we went and got ice cream to help cheer us up. Kentucky is lucky to have him! We love you Elder Newbold!!


     Once we got back to home after dropping Tanner off it was crunch time for me! I had to pack all my things for Hawaii in order to fly out the next morning. It was kind of a stressful time! I'm so grateful for my parents and for everything they do for Petey and I. Love them! My mom dropped me off at the airport. She kept saying that she was losing two kids in two days....her and my dad are visiting us in Hawaii in July, so she can't be that sad about me leaving :) My flying experience was a little stressful since I was flying alone. I've struggled flying in recent years, but I actually did pretty good on my flights. I had a flight from Salt Lake to Seattle and then a 5 hour layover. It got a little boring trying to waste time in the airport, but it went by pretty quick. My flight from Seattle to Honolulu had some issues though. When we starting to taxi to the runway to take off the power steering went out in the plane, so they had to have a mechanic come fix it. Mechanical issues aren't exactly what you want to hear about when you're about to take off! After about an hour delay we were on our way! I was on the isle of this flight and struggled to get comfortable...so the flight seemed to take forever.  Once I landed and went to baggage claim I waited for my bags and they never came. I figured that would happen, that's what happened to Petey on his flight from Seattle to HI. Luckily there was another flight coming in from Seattle that they managed to get my bags onto so I just had to wait 30 more minutes to get my bags, which wasn't too bad. It was SO nice to be able to see my husband again!! I sure love that boy!!!! I had missed him!!!

     Jennie was due any day with her baby boy and he decided to come the day after I had left. Silly boy! So Tanner and I both missed seeing him by 24-48 hours. I'll see him in August though, and I couldn't be more excited! Tyler and Jennie keep sending me pictures of their little babe to keep me updated :) Petey and I want to be a 'cool' aunt and uncle. We'll see how that goes ha ha. Welcome to the family baby Easton! We love you!!!

     Since I've been in Hawaii (over a month now!) we've gone on a lot of adventures: tour of the island, visited many beaches (Waikiki, Ewa Beach, Lanikai, Electric Beach, Ko Olina, North Shore, and more I can't remember,) hiked to the Makapu'u Lighthouse and also the Hamama and Waihee waterfalls. We visited the LDS Temple in Laie, went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, have eaten lots of yummy malasadas, seen numerous sea turtles, visited Pearl Harbor, went to the Dole Plantation, spent time at the Byodo-In Temple, looked at the Halona Blowhole, and much more! I'm so excited for the time we have left here (6+ weeks) because we still have SO much to do/see! Petey is killing it at his internship and I couldn't be more proud of him!! I'm glad that I was able to tag along on this amazing adventure. I still stink at figuring out how to upload pictures on here and have the spacing all nice...maybe someday I'll figure it out! Here are some more pictures of our adventures. 




     Our two year wedding anniversary was on June 10th. No better place to spend it than in Hawaii with my love. I love Petey more everyday and I'm so grateful for all he does for me. He is such a hard worker and extremely supportive. I'm a lucky gal!!! Since our anniversary was on a Monday, we celebrated the weekend before by going on a few hikes, spending some time in Waikiki, and swimming at Ko Olina. On our actual anniversary we went and ate at The Cheesecake Factory. YUM!!!! Unfortunately I got sick after dinner (my stomach has issues), so that sucked! Petey took good care of me and made me feel a little bit better. Love that boy! 2 years done, forever to go :)



     This week Petey has 4 days off so we will be having a lot of fun! I love the 4th of July!! Petey has been sick with a cold, so hopefully we can get him better before the 4th. It should be a fun weekend ahead! Welp...there is an nutshell of an update. I'll get better at blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment