Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bittersweet

I was able to spend some quality time with my parents a couple of weeks ago :) I drove down from Logan on Wednesday, Feb. 22. Once I arrived in Payson my parents, my grandpa, and myself packed up our things and were headed to St. George for the 3A high school basketball tournament!! We were so excited and we'd been looking forward to the tournament for a few weeks! The trip to St. George was bittersweet because although I was really excited to have a few days off of work and to spend some time in warm(er) weather, Petey couldn't come along :( He would've missed 2 days of school, 3 days of work, and missed a mandatory staff meeting. I was really bummed that he couldn't come along, but he stayed and did what he needed to do. I love that boy!!

My family and I didn't want to have to pay for a hotel the 4 nights we would be in St. George, and we were fortunate enough to use my mom's-aunt's condo down there! The condo can sleep like 10 people, and was really nice. We even hit up the Dixie State vs. BYU Hawaii basketball game when we made it to St. G. The trip wasn't just bittersweet since Petey couldn't come, but the Payson basketball team lost in the 2nd round of the tournament :( They were a #1 seed and we knew they had the talent to win state, but the cards just didn't fall into place.

Payson lost to Cedar City in the 2nd round. Although my family is biased because Tanner (my little brother) is on the high school team, we really think that the reffing done at that game wasn't fair. At one point during the second half of the game the foul count was Payson 9, Cedar City 2. SERIOUSLY?!!! Tanner fouled out of the game with like 5 minutes left to go in the 4th quarter, which was just devastating! Another frustrating thing was that Tanner's first foul wasn't even his. The ref blew his whistle and then was looking around for the player that committed the foul. He called it on Tanner, which the whole Payson crowd and even Tanner started to freak out because he wasn't even near where the foul happened. After Tanner heard the foul was called on him he went up to the ref and told him that he called it on the wrong player. The ref looked at my brother and said "oh you're right, it was either on #24 or #33, I'll get that fixed"......low and behold the ref NEVER changed it in the book, so Tanner fouled out with 1 of foul he didn't even commit!! I still want to rip that referee a new one! Clint Bateman, another key player on Payson's basketball team fouled out in the 4th quarter. I started to lose it. Once Tanner fouled out I could see the disappointment and devastation on his face, it was heartbreaking! He and his teammates had worked so hard to win the state title and we had to sit and watch as their dreams were crushed. I hate seeing boys cry, especially my brother and his teammates. It was hard to watch :( Here are a few pictures from that game:




We took Tanner ice cream that night and he was still really upset. I was so upset after the game that I had a good 15 minutes cry-session. I'm so proud of Tanner and everything that he's accomplished. He's worked SO hard, and it's not over! He's going to go on to play college basketball and I know he is going to become even more successful! The next day Payson played Morgan high school (and the team who won that game played the next day for 5th place in state). Tanner had a spectacular game with 25 points, but Payson lost in OT. We are so proud of the Payson Lions, and especially Tanner! They had an amazing season! They went undefeated in region play, Tanner had an amazing senior year, and he was nominated as one of Utah's 9 All-American's for basketball! We love him!

Before we left St. George my mom and I went and took part in the Parade of Homes. We went and saw 11 homes, it was fun to have some girl time :) We looked at one house worth $1.8 MILLION dollars, but our favorite home we saw was a much more affordable (*cough cough*) $499,999. My grandpa and dad didn't really want to participate in the Parade of Homes, so my mom and I had to try and navigate our way around. If we didn't have the GPS we would've been in major trouble! If the GPS didn't recognize where an address was we skipped that house haha. My mom and I don't understand directions very well :)

We left St. George the morning of 25th. It was a somber ride home, but it was nice to spend some time at my actual house with my parents and brother. Being in Payson is one of my favorite places to be. I was happy to get on the road and head back to Logan though because I missed my hubs!! Petey has been working extremely hard at school and I'm so proud of him! Now that I've graduated its kind of weird because Petey will have to study at night, but I want him to play with me because I'm bored. I'm trying to let him study :) Petey and I are planning a vacation to California in May for my college graduation present, and for our 1 year anniversary :) !!

This past week has been crazy at my work. It's case lot and people are insane haha. It lasts through the 10th, so I hope I can survive one more week! The past few days have been crazy weather-wise also! I think Logan has gotten more snow the first 3 days in March than we had the whole month of December. This winter really hasn't been that bad, but now that it's March I'm ready for SPRING TIME!!! Go away snow!!! In Logan there is a gas station that put this up on their marquee...it makes me laugh:
(Dear Sun, Come Back)
This isn't a very good picture, but I think
everyone in Logan feels like this right now
Haha

The other day I came home from work and found this note from Petey on our T.V. stand


There was also a note on our computer that says" I love you boo, thank you for all you do!!" I sure do love that boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So ya...that was how my St. George weekend went and what we've been up to the past week or so. Not a very cool/entertaining post, but its an update, right? :)

2 comments:

  1. Get used to resisting the urge to bug him while he's studying ha :) That's the story of my life right now! If you want to save on a hotel for a night or two during your trip, let me know. Scott can show Petey his school too if he wants to see if he likes it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when he has homework haha. That would be SO much fun if we can work it out!!! What part of California do you live in again? Upland?

    ReplyDelete