Monday, March 26, 2012

A Fun Weekend!

The boy and I had such a fun weekend! We weren't able to do much on Friday because Petey had to work late, but the rest of the weekend was a blast! On Saturday, Petey had an early morning staff meeting (boo!) and I had to work from 10:00am-4:00pm. Worked DRAGGED on, but after that the fun began! When I got home from work Petey and I went to Olive Garden for dinner. We had a gift card so we splurged a little bit :) We even got some cheesecake dessert..and it was delicious!

After dinner we went home for a little bit and then headed over to the movie theater. We got to the movie theater an hour and a half early to wait in line for THE HUNGER GAMES!!! Petey hasn't read the books, but I've read all of them. We were excited! The girls we sat behind in line dressed up (which I thought was kind of weird...if you're going to dress up go to the midnight premiere, not to a showing of the movie 2 days later). While we were all nice and cozy waiting in line to be seated (thankfully we got there early enough to sit inside!) we heard the fanatics in front of us talking about how they had NINE more people they had to fit into the line with them. As more of their party arrived we all grew more annoyed. We'd been waiting in line for over an hour and they had friends just hopping in line right before we were being seated. We were happy when we got better seats than they did, that's what happens when you have to get an entire row of seats together haha.

I thought the movie was AWESOME!! I noticed a few details that the movie left out, so I explained them to Petey afterwards, but we loved it! I thought the actors did a great job and that the special affects were very impressive! The movie was exactly like the book, which I loved. I want to see it again :) After we the movie we came home and crashed. It was a long day!

On Sunday, we went to church and then came home and relaxed for a bit. Then we went to the Aggie Basketball game. The game was free, so we thought it would be a nice Sunday activity :) Plus we love our Aggies! The Aggies dominated Oakland University and they'll play for the championship of the CIT on Wednesday! After the game we had a BBQ with our friends. We've started hanging out a lot more with our married friends and it's been so much fun!! We had a delicious BBQ with chicken, shish kabob's, asparagus, chips, and cheesecake! It was delicious and a lot of fun! We have a lot of summer plans with our friends and we know we are going to have a fun-filled summer with them!

It was a great weekend!! We were able to have a very fun date night, spend some quality time together, and then spend some time with friends! I look forward to more weekends like these :)

1 comment:

  1. ah ha!! married friends huh?! So that's why we haven't hung out in a while ;) well, guess I'll see what I can do about joining the ranks, so I can be your friend again. haha

    ReplyDelete