Saturday, August 13, 2011

Birthday Boy!

[I'm taking a timeout from all the mushy gushy love stories to talk about my husband's birthday! YAY!!!]

Petey turned 23 yesterday and it was a great day!!! We were both able to get the entire weekend off from work, and decided to make the most of our free time!

Yesterday morning I got out of bed around 7:00am to decorate our kitchen and living room for Petey's birthday. When I was younger my mom would always decorate our rooms for our birthdays and I always LOVED it! So I got up early and hung white and blue streamers throughout our tiny apartment. The only bad thing was that someone texted Petey while I was hanging the streamers to wish him a happy birthday. The text woke him up and he realized I wasn't in bed, so he came to find me....while I was in streamer mode. He was happy and surprised though, even though I wasn't finished yet :)

After I was done decorating we went back to sleep for a little bit. Once we were up and ready for the day it was time for cupcakes and presents! Yay for being 23!!!

My attempt at birthday decorating

I love making/eating cupcakes, so naturally that is what I made Petey for is b-day treat :)

Presents were up NEXT:



The gift!


The suspense of opening..



His face when he found out he got a....Kindle!!!!



He was so excited! It was darling :)


I was very sneaky in keeping this gift a secret. He's wanted a Kindle for a long time so I decided that his birthday was the prefect time to get it for him. I didn't want to buy it with our joint account (because he checks our account like everyday, and I wouldn't want him to see my purchase), so I used my old single girl bank account I have with Zion's to buy the Kindle. We've talked about closing my Zion's account down, but I'm so glad we haven't yet so I could keep this gift a secret! I also didn't want the Kindle mailed to our apartment...because hello obvious spoiler alert, so instead I had the package sent my lovely cousin Brittney's apartment. The surprise was a success!!! After presents we drove down to Salt Lake for some lunch.


A few weeks before his birthday Petey started to sign up for all of his favorite restaurants birthday clubs, hoping to get a sweet birthday deal. He signed up for all sorts of restaurants, but the fanciest place with the best deal was (drum role please.....)



Rodizio Grill gave Petey a birthday coupon that was buy one 'Full Rodizio' and get one free (which is a killer deal!!). We drove down to Salt Lake to eat at Rodizio's for lunch, so instead of having to pay like $50-60 we only had to pay $17 + a tip (because of the coupon and we went for lunch). I was a little nervous about going to Rodizio Grill because I'm not a huge meat person. I like my hamburgers and my chicken, but besides that I don't eat much meat. But....I tried some new kinds of meat that they brought us and they were all delicious. Petey was in heaven! He doesn't get that kind of cooking from me!


After lunch we went and walked around The Gateway for a bit, I ran into my high school friend Kimber, so that was fun! We walked around the mall, stopped and got a treat at The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (chocolate truffle...yes please! I bought 2 of them!). After wasting some time at the mall we went to the Salt Lake Bee's game. It was a BEAUTIFUL night for baseball, and to our surprise the first 100-ish people got a free bumble bee bobble head. Wooo woooo! We were excited for the free gift :)


Nice arm shot, I know

Our free gift!


Love us some baseball




Some lovin' for the birthday boy


We had a great day, and we celebrated Petey's birthday to the fullest!! I love him so much and I hope he knows it!!! Next post will by lovie warm and fuzzy again. Loves!!


No comments:

Post a Comment