Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Our Summer Apart/ I Love You

[Sorry if any of you are getting sick of all these lovie posts, but I just want to write all of this stuff down before I forget it all!]

Last summer was a really interesting one for Petey and I. He was moving to South Carolina to install security systems, while I was staying in Logan for the summer to work. Our last night before he left for S.C. was a very emotional one. I was nervous for what the summer was going to have in store for us, since we would be living many miles apart while starting to create and hold onto a relationship. I remember our very last night together before he moved to S.C., he told me to call him a lot, and that he would text/call me as much as he could. I'm not a big fan of phone conversations, especially with boys, but sure enough I called him while he was driving to the East Coast that first night and we talked for a looooog time. It was surprisingly easy to talk to him on the phone. We talked on the phone during the summer every night but 4. Even when I got off of work at midnight Utah time, he would stay up to talk to me. Sometimes he wouldn't get to bed until 4am Eastern time because of our long talks...he must have really liked me :)

After Petey had been gone about 2 weeks I decided that I was going to mail him a package. I was really starting to miss him so I wanted to do something for him. I went to the store and bought random stuff; I sent him a card saying that I missed him, lots of candy, and a picture of us. While I was at the post office mailing his package I got a call from my then roommate (now sister-in-law!) saying that 'something' had been delivered to our apartment for me. I asked her what it was/who it was from but she refused to comment. When I got home there was this lovely arrangement with my name on it :)


The card that was with the flowers said that he had he hoped I loved the flowers and that he missed me a ton. I LOVED THE FLOWERS!! How ironic is it that these flowers arrived at the exact point in time that I was sending him a package? I guess we were meant to be :)

I remember I was at my house in Payson visiting my family for the weekend and I could tell that I loved Petey. I had never felt so giddy, happy, or had so many permanent butterflies in my st0mach. I could just say his name in my head and my stomach would go crazy with warm fuzzies (I know this sounds super lame, but hey I loved the boy :)! ) I had a feeling that Petey was going to tell me that he loved me soon, and of course I didn't want to say it first so I was waiting for him to make the first I LOVE YOU move.

It was the morning of May 25th when it went down! We had just gotten off the phone and we were texting until we fell asleep. I was starting to doze off when he texted me and told me that there was something that he had really been wanting to tell me. He told me that he didn't know how to describe what he was feeling other than using the words 'I love you', he told me that he loved me so much and hoped that I felt the same. I was starting to doze off when I got that text and believe me, I woke right up!!!! I was so happy and was just ooozing with warm fuzzies (lame I know, bite me). I told him that I loved him too, I had felt it for a while, and that I had never been so happy!!!! I still remember I got that text at 1:18am, I read it over and over again. It was the first time a boy had ever told me that he had loved me!!! I was so happy and we were in love...officially!!!!!

By the end of June Petey wasn't happy with his security installing job, he had to rely on other people to make the sales, and if they weren't making sales he had nothing to install, therefore making no money. He had talked to me about coming back to Utah and living in Vernal with his mom and working out in the oil field. He spoke with one of the guys he knows out in Vernal, he used his connections, and BHI (some oil company) gave him a job!! He called me on my lunch break and work and told me that he was coming back to Utah. YAYY!!!!!!! I was so happy that I almost cried. I called my mom a.s.a.p. and was freaking out! Petey and I planned that he would come to visit me in Logan just a few days after he arrived back in Utah. I immediately filled out a time off form because I NEEDED those days off! Seeing him again was a very scary thing. I didn't know if we would be awkward in person, or if we would become even closer now that we were physically in the same place. It wasn't awkward at all :) We had so much fun going to the zoo, going out to eat, watching fireworks, hanging out with friends, and just being with each other. Although he had to go back to Vernal to work, we still talked on the phone nearly every night and we got to see each other about every 2 weeks. And now look....we are HAPPILY MARRIED!!!!!!! YAY!!!! <3 <3

Although last summer, our summer apart, was a very difficult one I am very grateful for it. You don't truly get to know how you feel for someone until you don't get to see them everyday. I learned SO much about Petey over the phone, and it meant so much to grow closer even though we were over 1,000 miles apart. We didn't have the physical element in our relationship for the first few months during the summer, so we truly got to know and care of each other and love each other for the individuals that we really are. Last summer was a hard, yet amazing and I wouldn't change anything about it!

Next time I'll write about our engagement!!! Get ready :)


1 comment:

  1. Love the stories!!! Seriously so fun to read, thanks for sharing!! Cant wait to read more ;) you two are just adorable and you soumd so perfect for each other :)

    ReplyDelete